This is an open enrolment program. A student who has completed 4.0 credits may enrol in the program.
- 1.0 credit from the following 100-level RLG courses: RLG100H1, RLG101H1, RLG102H1, RLG103H1, RLG104H1, RLG106H1, RLG107H1, RLG108H1
- No later than the third year of study: RLG200H1. RLG200H1 is a prerequisite for all 400-level courses.
- 0.5 credit from RLG209H1/ RLG211H1/ RLG212H1/ RLG213H1
- Two consecutive language courses (2.0 credits) in one of: Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Sanskrit, Pali or Tibetan.
Chinese: EAS100Y1, EAS101Y1, EAS200Y1, EAS201H1, EAS300Y1
Japanese: EAS120Y1, EAS121H1, EAS220Y1, EAS221H1, EAS320Y1
Korean: EAS110Y1, EAS210Y1, EAS211Y1, EAS212H1, EAS310Y1, EAS410Y1
Sanskrit: RLG260H1, RLG263H1, RLG359H1, RLG360H1
Pali: RLG264H1, RLG265H1, and an additional 1.0 credit in consultation with the Department for the Study of Religion
Tibetan: RLG261H1, RLG262H1, RLG370Y1/ ( RLG377H1, RLG378H1)
- 4.5 credits chosen from the list below. At least 2.5 credits must be RLG courses. At least 2.5 credits must be taken at the 300-level or higher.
Second year courses: RLG205H1, EAS209H1, FAH260H1, HIS280Y1, HIS282Y1, HIS283Y1, NEW214H1/ BPM214H1, NEW232H1/ BPM232H1, PHL237H1.
Third year courses: RLG311H1, RLG316H1, RLG356H1, RLG361H1, RLG363H1, RLG366H1, RLG368H1, RLG372H1, RLG373H1, RLG374H1, RLG375H1, RLG379H1, RLG370H5, RLG371H5, RLG373H5, RLG374H5, EAS338H1, EAS346H1, EAS361H1, FAH363H1, FAH364H1, JNR301H1, NEW332H1/ BPM332H1, NEW333H1/ BPM333H1, NEW339H1/ BPM339H1, PHL337H1.
- 0.5 credit at the 400 level, selected from the following: RLG462H1, RLG463H1, RLG465H1, RLG466H1, RLG467H1, RLG468H1, RLG469Y1, RLG470H1, RLG470H5, FAH461H1, HIS485H1, NEW433H1/ BPM433H1.
- RLG404H1 or RLG405H1 or RLG406H1 or RLG407H1 or RLG426H1, a capstone integrative course. (Note: this does not fulfil the 400-level requirement as described in #7 above.)
Other courses from UTM/UTSC/other Departments may be considered with permission.
- Effective Fall 2021, courses associated with New College's Buddhism, Psychology and Mental Health program will have the new "BPM" designator.