This is an open enrolment program. A student who has completed 4.0 credits may enrol in the program.
- 1.0 credit from the following 100-level RLG courses: RLG100H1, RLG101H1, RLG102H1, RLG103H1, RLG104H1, RLG106H1, RLG107H1, RLG108H1
- RLG200H1. RLG200H1 is a prerequisite for all 400-level courses and must be taken no later than the third year of study (0.5 credit).
- RLG204H1 (0.5 credit).
- 0.5 credit from RLG209H1/ RLG211H1/ RLG212H1/ RLG213H1
- 3.5 credits from the following list, of which 2.0 credits must be at the 300+ level: NMC103H1, NMC271H1, NMC273Y1, NMC275H1, NMC348Y1, NMC355H1, NMC374H1, NMC376H1, NMC377Y1, NMC381H1, NMC385H1, NMC393H1, NMC396H1, NMC471H1, NMC475H1; PHL336H1; RLG312H1, RLG350H1, RLG351H1, RLG352H1, RLG355H1, RLG356H1, RLG458H1; FAH265H1, FAH326H1.
- 0.5 credit from the following capstone integrative courses: RLG404H1, RLG405H1, RLG406H1, RLG407H1, RLG426H1
- Special Topics courses with Islam content (like NMC277H1 or RLG412H1) will also count towards the program.
- A maximum of two language courses totaling 1.0 credit in Pali ( RLG264H1, RLG265H1), Sanskrit ( RLG260H1, RLG263H1, RLG359H1, RLG360H1, RLG474H1), Tibetan ( RLG261H1, RLG262H1) or Modern Hebrew ( MHB155H1, MHB156H1, MHB255H1, MHB256H1, MHB355H1, MHB356H1) will count toward the Department for the Study of Religion courses required to complete any Major Program in Religion. If a student wishes a different language (not one of those mentioned here) to count toward completing these programs they should consult with the Associate Chair, Undergraduate.
- Please note that UTM and UTSC courses do not automatically count towards completion of a RLG program (except the Buddhist Studies Major and Specialist). If you have taken or are planning on taking a course at another campus and would like it to count exceptionally towards your program requirements, please e-mail the Undergraduate Program Assistant at email@example.com.