This is an open enrolment program. A student who has completed 4.0 credits may enrol in the program.
The Biology Specialist, Major, and Minor programs are administered through the Department of Ecology & Evolutionary Biology. Contact: email@example.com
(12.0 credits including at least 1.0 credit at the 400-level)
1. 2.5 credits: BIO220H1; BIO230H1/ BIO255H1; BIO251H1; BIO270H1/ PSL300H1; BIO260H1/ HMB265H1
2. 0.5 credit in statistics from: EEB225H1, PSY201H1, STA220H1, STA257H1, GGR270H1, STA288H1
3. 0.5 credit from chemistry, physics or statistics: CHM220H1, CHM247H1/ CHM249H1, PHY131H1, PHY151H1, PSY202H1, STA221H1, STA255H1, STA261H1
4. 1.5 credits at the 200+ level from: BCH; BIO; CJH332H1; CSB (excluding CSB201H1, CSB202H1); EEB (excluding EEB202H1, EEB208H1, EEB214H1, EEB215H1); EHJ352H1; ENV234H1, ENV334H1; ENV432H1; IMM250H1; JHE353H1, JHE355H1; MGY200H1, MGY277H1; NFS284H1; PSY397H1, PSY497H1
5. 0.5 credit at the 300+ level in plant or microbial biology from: CSB340H1, CSB350H1, CSB351Y1, CSB353H1, CSB450H1, CSB451H1, CSB452H1, CSB454H1, CSB459H1, CSB460H1, CSB475H1, EEB328H1, EEB331H1, EEB340H1, EEB403H0, EEB403H1, EEB405H0, EEB405H1, EEB428H1, EEB440H1
6. 0.5 credit at the 300+ level in animal biology from: CJH332H1, CSB325H1, CSB327H1, CSB328H1, CSB329H1, CSB330H1, CSB331H1, CSB332H1, CSB343H1, CSB346H1, CSB348H1, CSB426H1, CSB427H1, CSB428H1, CSB429H1, CSB430H1, CSB431H1, CSB432H1, CSB435H1, CSB445H1, CSB447H1, CSB483H1; EEB322H1, EEB380H1, EEB382H1, EEB384H1, EEB386H1, EEB388H1, EEB390H1, EEB440H1, EHJ352H1
NOTE: BIO270H1 and BIO271H1 are prerequisites for 300+ level CSB courses in physiology.
7. 2.0 credits at the 300+ level (at least 1.0 credit must be from Group 1) from:
Group 1: CJH332H1; CSB; EEB; EHJ352H1; ENV334H1, ENV432H1; JHE353H1, JHE355H1; NUS; PSY397H1, PSY497H1
Group 2: ANA; ANT333Y1, ANT338H1, ANT430H1, ANT436H1; BCH; HMB; IMM; NFS; MGY; PCL; PSL
8. 1.0 credit at the 400-level from: CSB; EEB
NOTE: Students who wish to focus on either plant or microbial biology, or animal biology should take courses in 7. and 8. that concentrate in these subject areas as listed in 5. and 6., respectively. BIO271H1/ PSL301H1 is highly recommended for students concentrating in animal biology and is a prerequisite for 300+ level CSB courses in physiology.