Consult Professor R. Batey, Department of Chemistry.
This program focuses on the fundamentals and practical aspects of modern synthetic organic and inorganic chemistry, and the understanding and applications of catalytic reactions. Students will become exposed to extensive green chemistry approaches from both experimental and theoretical perspectives. The program provides preparation for career paths as synthetic/discovery chemists, in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, biomedical, crop protection, materials and related sectors, or for academic research and teaching positions. This program is accredited by the Canadian Society for Chemistry.
Second and Higher Years:
- BCH210H1, CHM217H1, ( CHM220H1/ CHM222H1 and CHM223H1), ( CHM236H1 and CHM237H1)/ CHM238Y1, ( CHM249H1 strongly recommended)/ CHM247H1; MAT235Y1/ MAT237Y1
- CHM317H1, CHM338H1, CHM342H1, CHM343H1, CHM347H1, CHM348H1
- CHM432H1, CHM440H1, CHM441H1, CHM443H1
- CHM499Y1/ PHC489Y1 and/or CHM398H0 in areas relevant to the program with prior approval by the Department
- Additional 300/400-level courses from CHM, which may include courses from among CHM325H1, CHM328H1, CHM379H1, CHM416H1, CHM434H1, CHM437H1, CHM447H1 and CHM479H1 to a total of 14.0 credits.