This is a limited enrolment program. Students must have completed 4.0 credits and meet the requirements listed below to enrol.
Variable Minimum Grade Average
A minimum grade average is needed for entry, and this minimum changes each year depending on available spaces and the number of applicants. The following courses must be completed:
To ensure that students admitted to the program will be successful, students with a final grade average in these 2.0 credits lower than 65% will not be considered for admission. Please note that obtaining this minimum grade average does not guarantee admission to the program.
To ensure that students admitted to the program will be successful, students with a final grade average in these 2.0 credits lower than 70% will not be considered for admission. Please note that obtaining this minimum grade average does not guarantee admission to the program.
- Requests for admission will be considered in the first program request period only.
- Due to the limited enrolment nature of this program students are strongly advised to apply to backup programs.
(7.0 credits, including 2.0 credits at the 300+ level, of which one 0.5 credit must be at the 400-level)
Courses taken as CR/NCR may not be used to satisfy program requirements.
1. ECO101H1 and ECO102H1, or ECO105Y1
2. 1.0 credit from SOC100H1/ SOC150H1/ PSY100H1
3. All of IRE240H1, IRE244H1, IRE260H1, IRE430H1, IRE431H1
4. 0.5 credit in 300-level IRE course from Group A
5. Additional courses from Groups A and B for a total of 7.0 credits
Group B: ECO220Y1/ GGR221H1/ HIS313H1/ INI300H1/ WRR300H1/ IRE242H1/ IRE332Y0/ IRE342H1/ IRE344H1/ IRE345H1/ IRE349H1/ IRE395H1/ IRE396H1/ IRE432Y0/ IRE444H1/ IRE446H1/ IRE447H1/ IRE472H1/ IRE493H1/ IRE494H1/ JGI216H1/ JGU216H1/ PSY201H1/ PSY202H1/ SOC202H1/ SOC207H1/ SOC366H1/ SOC367H1/ SOC439H1
Students in this program have the option to complete the Arts & Science Internship Program (ASIP) stream.
- A maximum of 1.0 credit in IRE395H1 and IRE396H1 may count toward the Industrial Relations and Human Resources (IRHR) major program.
- ECO program students may use ECO339H1 in lieu of IRE339H1. Please contact the Program Office to have the course counted towards the IRHR major program requirements.
- Non "IRE" coded courses are offered by other departments. These courses may be available only to students who have completed specified prerequisites or who are enrolled in a program sponsored by the department offering the course. Check the Faculty of Arts and Science's timetable for details.