This is a limited enrolment program. Students must have completed 4.0 credits and meet the requirements listed below to enrol.
Variable Minimum Grade Average
A minimum grade average is needed for entry, and this minimum changes each year depending on available spaces and the number of applicants. The following courses must be completed:
- ( ECO101H1, ECO102H1)/ ECO105Y1
- 1.0 credit from SOC100H1/ SOC150H1/ 200+ level SOC courses/ PSY100H1
Admission is competitive and in recent years the combined average in the 2.0 credits has been in the 65% to 70% range. Please note that obtaining this minimum grade average does not guarantee admission to the program.
- Requests for admission will be considered in the first program request period only.
- Due to the limited enrolment nature of this program students are strongly advised to apply to backup programs.
(7.0 credits, including 2.0 credits at the 300+ level, of which one 0.5 credit must be at the 400-level)
Courses taken as CR/NCR may not be used to satisfy program requirements.
1. ECO101H1 and ECO102H1, or ECO105Y1
2. 1.0 credit from SOC100H1/ SOC150H1/ PSY100H1
3. All of IRE240H1, IRE244H1, IRE260H1, IRE430H1, IRE431H1
4. 0.5 credit in 300-level IRE course from Group A
5. Additional courses from Groups A and B for a total of 7.0 credits
Group B: ECO220Y1/ GGR221H1/ INI300H1/ WRR300H1/ IRE242H1/ IRE332Y0/ IRE342H1/ IRE344H1/ IRE345H1/ IRE349H1/ IRE395H1/ IRE396H1/ IRE432Y0/ IRE444H1/ IRE446H1/ IRE447H1/ IRE472H1/ IRE493H1/ IRE494H1/ JGI216H1/ JGU216H1/ PSY201H1/ PSY202H1/ SOC202H1/ SOC207H1/ SOC366H1/ SOC367H1/ SOC370H1
Students in this program have the option to complete the Arts & Science Internship Program (ASIP) stream.
- A maximum of 1.0 credit in IRE395H1 and IRE396H1 may count toward the Industrial Relations and Human Resources (IRHR) major program.
- ECO program students may use ECO339H1 in lieu of IRE339H1. Please contact the Program Office to have the course counted towards the IRHR major program requirements.
- Non "IRE" coded courses are offered by other departments. These courses may be available only to students who have completed specified prerequisites or who are enrolled in a program sponsored by the department offering the course. Check the Faculty of Arts and Science's timetable for details.