This is an open enrolment program. A student who has completed 4.0 credits may enrol in the program.
(11.5-12.0 credits, including at least 1.0 credit at the 400-level)
Students in this program have the option to complete the Arts & Science Internship Program (ASIP) stream or PEY Co-op.
Note: September 2021 or January 2022 will be the last opportunity for Faculty of Arts & Science students to register for PEY Co-op. Students in Year 3 in the Fall/Winter 2021-2022 session will be the last group of Faculty of Arts & Science students eligible to participate in PEY Co-op. Students starting Year 2 in Fall 2021 or later will only be eligible to participate in the Arts & Science Internship Program stream.
Year 2 and Higher Years:
0.5 credit with a significant emphasis on ethics and social responsibility: ANT100Y1/ ANT253H1/ CSC300H1/ EEB215H1/ ENT200H1/ ENV100H1/ ENV200H1/ ENV333H1/ ESS205H1/ ETH201H1/ ETH210H1/ ETH220H1/ FOR200H1/ HMB203H1/ HPS200H1/ HPS250H1/ HPS301H1/ HST209H1/ IMC200H1/ JPH441H1/ PHL240H1/ PHL244H1/ PHL265H1/ PHL271H1/ PHL273H1/ PHL275H1/ PHL281H1/ PHL295H1 or another 0.5 credit course approved by the Department.
Note: Students may use the CR/NCR option with this 0.5 credit course and have it count toward the program. Students in the VIC program may also use VIC172Y1.
1. Students who have completed MAT157Y1 are waived from completing MAT246H1.
2. MAT237Y1/ MAT257Y1 is a direct or indirect prerequisite for many courses in each of the areas of concentration except the Teaching Concentration. Students are advised to take MAT237Y1/ MAT257Y1 unless they have planned their program and course selection carefully and are certain that they will not need it.
3. Students planning to take specific 400-level courses should ensure that they have the necessary prerequisites.
For course selection, note that OISE requires students to have a second teachable subject.
1. MAT329Y1, HPS390H1/ MAT390H1, HPS391H1/ MAT391H1
2. Two of: MAT332H1/ MAT344H1, MAT335H1, MAT337H1, MAT363H1/ MAT367H1
3. Two of: MAT309H1, MAT315H1, STA302H1/ STA347H1
4. MAT401H1/ MAT402H1 and 0.5 credit at the 400-level from MAT, APM, STA