This is an open enrolment program. A student who has completed 4.0 credits may enrol in the program.
(10.0 credits, including 4.0 credits at the 300+ level, of which 1.0 credit must be at the 400-level)
2. 1.0 credit at the 400-level; fulfilled by any 400-level courses listed in the Centre for Jewish Studies Undergraduate Course Handbook.
3. 3.0 credits in Hebrew or Yiddish:
Students entering the program with proof of requisite linguistic proficiency in Aramaic, Hebrew, Yiddish will choose any 3.0 credits in an area of study (see above) in addition to the regular requirements described in section 4. Other languages are accepted with special permission of the Undergraduate Director.
4. 5.0 credits in any of the four areas of Jewish Studies. All courses in the Centre for Jewish Studies Undergraduate Course Handbook count towards this requirement.
5. Note: From section 3 and 4, at least 4.0 credits at the 300+ level.
6. DTS300H1 or a 0.5 credit to satisfy the Quantitative Reasoning competency of the program, to be chosen from courses in the Centre for Jewish Studies Undergraduate Course Handbook developing this competency. If none is available, a 0.5 credit from Breadth Requirement Category #5: The Physical & Mathematical Universe, or a 0.5 credit approved by the Undergraduate Director.
Note: There are no specific first-year requirements; however, first-year students are welcome to take CJS200H1, CJS201H1, Hebrew Language courses ( MHB155H1 and MHB156H1) and Yiddish ( GER260Y1), which count towards the Jewish Studies Specialist.