This is a limited enrolment program. Students must have completed 4.0 credits and meet the requirements listed below to enrol.
Variable Minimum Grade Average
A minimum grade average in required courses is needed for entry, and this minimum changes each year depending on available spaces and the number of applicants. The following courses must be completed:
• COG250Y1 with a minimum grade, or
• 1.5 credits in CSC, LIN, PHL, or PSY with a minimum grade average based on the 1.5 credits. No more than 1.0 credits can be from any ONE of the listed course designators. If more than 1.5 credits have been completed, the minimum grade average will be based on the higher course grades.
Students are responsible for checking co- and prerequisites for all courses. Not all courses are offered on a regular basis. A list of approved Cognitive Science courses can be found on the website: https://www.uc.utoronto.ca/cognitive-science. For any questions, please email email@example.com.
Where noted below, please consult the Faculty of Arts & Science Course Calendar on prerequisites.
Second Year and Higher:
- COG341H1/ COG342H1, PHL342H1, PSY290H1
- 3.0 credits from Thinking and Reasoning Stream courses:
- PHL245H1; PSY260H1; and 2.0 credits of any of the following: COG260H1/ COG341H1/ COG342H1/ COG343H1/ COG344H1/ COG345H1/ COG415H1/ COG498H1/ COG499H1/ JLP374H1/ JLP471H1/ JLS472H1/ JLS473H1/ NEW333H1/ BPM333H1/ NEW438H1/ BPM438H1/ PHL246H1/ PHL340H1/ PHL347H1/ PSY210H1/ PSY312H1/ PSY370H1/ PSY371H1/ PSY372H1/ PSY473H1/ PSY493H1
- For those with the appropriate prerequisites: CSC207H1/ CSC304H1/ CSC311H1/ CSC384H1/ CSC486H1
Note: Effective Fall 2021, courses associated with New College's Buddhism, Psychology and Mental Health program will have the new "BPM" designator.