This is a limited enrolment program. Students must have completed 4.0 credits and meet the requirements listed below to enrol.
Variable Minimum Grade Average
A minimum grade average in required courses is needed for entry, and this minimum changes each year depending on available spaces and the number of applicants. The following courses must be completed:
- 2.0 credits from ECO, HIS, PHL, POL, PSY, or SOC courses (any course level and combination)
For reasons of limited capacity, applicants with a final grade average lower than 70% in these required courses will not be considered for admission. Please note that obtaining this minimum final grade average does not guarantee admission to the program.
- Requests for admission will be considered in the first program request period only.
- Due to the limited enrolment nature of this program students are strongly advised to plan to enroll in backup programs.
- Courses for enrolment must be taken in the Fall/Winter preceding the program request period.
Students must complete a total of 8.0 credits including a minimum of 2.0 credits from 300+level CRI courses, of these 0.5 CRI credit must be at the 400-level.
- 2.0 credits from ECO/HIS/PHL/POL/PSY/SOC
- All of CRI205H1, CRI210H1, CRI215H1, CRI225H1
- At least 2.0 credits at the 300+ level from Group A, at least 0.5 credit must be at the 400-level
- At least 0.5 credit from Group B
- Additional courses (excluding those already counted) from Groups A and C for a total of 8.0 credits
Note: Students may use a maximum of 1.0 credit from Independent Study courses and 1.0 credit from Research Participation courses towards the Criminology & Sociolegal Studies program.
Group A: CRI300H1/ CRI322H1/ CRI335H1/ CRI340H1/ CRI343H1/ CRI345H1/ CRI364H1/ CRI365H1/ CRI370H1/ CRI380H1/ CRI383H1/ CRI385H1/ CRI386H1/ CRI390H1/ CRI391H1/ CRI392H1/ CRI393H1/ CRI394H1/ CRI395H1/ CRI396H1/ CRI415H1/ CRI420H1/ CRI422H1/ CRI425H1/ CRI427H1/ CRI428H1/ CRI429H1/ CRI431H1/ CRI435H1/ CRI445H1/ CRI480H1/ CRI487H1/ CRI490H1/ CRI491H1/ CRI498H1
- Group C Courses: These courses are offered by other academic units. Registration in these courses may be available only to students who have completed specified prerequisites and/or are enrolled in a program sponsored by the academic unit offering the course. Check the Faculty of Arts and Science's timetable for details.
- Students who have completed criminology/sociolegal type courses in the Faculty of Arts and Science (not included in Group C) may email the Program Coordinator to find out if theses courses can be used towards the Group C requirements.